As more people are choosing
a healthy lifestyle supplemented with MSM, cautions are a real
concern. Individuals are looking up information online about the
validity of the claims made by people taking MSM and the so-called
experts, and those same individuals are trying to find information
on side effects or other such cautionary measures.
To understand a little more
about the affects of MSM on your body, you must first understand how
MSM works. MSM is not a cure. MSM works at the cellular level making
cell walls more permeable. As we age, our cell walls tend to
thicken. Thickened cell walls means our cells hold in more toxins.
Those toxins can cause a number of side effects such as joint pain,
allergies, thickened fingernails and toenails, drier skin, and that
is just a few of the things we just say is “a part of growing
Well, you do not have to
Many individuals are
discovering that MSM gives those cells back its youth. Your cells
are going to be younger, which in turn, allows your body to feel
better. While MSM may seem to be a miracle cure-all, the fact
remains that MSM is just an aid in your own body’s fight to remain
healthy and young.
MSM cautions are few. Since
MSM is a pure substance, you will find that MSM cautions are not so
much concerning the MSM in its pure form but the additives many
foreign and unreliable manufacturers put into the MSM. The additives
are the cause of concern – not the MSM.
Foreign companies are not
required to place ingredients on the label. Within the United
States, all manufacturers are required by law to place ever
ingredients (additives included) on the label. This is going to be
one step you use to ensure you get the purest, best MSM on the
Some highly respected
manufacturers are actually diluting their MSM so that you are
getting as little as 3% MSM. What constitutes the other 97% of the
MSM by one particular manufacturer? Additives! Unfortunately, you
will probably know what those additives are, but chances are good,
that they are not what you are paying for and they definitely are
not going to give you the health benefits you are looking for in
There is a simple test you
can try at home with any MSM product you may purchase. Before taking
any MSM, please, try this test. The MSM purity test is simplistic,
inexpensive, and can be completed in your own kitchen.
What is this MSM purity
Get a clear glass, add about
a cup of water. Now get a teaspoon of your MSM or open up a capsule.
Pour the MSM powder into the glass of water. MSM will sink to the
bottom of the glass and quickly dissolve. What you see floating
around or on top is not MSM. That is the additives you are trying to
MSM cautions are generally
going to revolve around the additives added to your supplement.
Granted, we cannot tell you what that additive is, but it is not
because we are hiding the truth. Most manufacturers are not required
by law to tell you what those additives are.